Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Currently Sasquatch rides are every Tuesday and Thursday night. It is almost always a gravel road ride and can start as early as 4 pm and as late as 6pm or even later.
This ride can start at either Leber Lane Trailhead or from Rock Quarry Road (adjacent to intersection with Holly Rd). We, typically, climb about 1,000 ft and ride about 8 to 12 miles.
Please contact Jay Spady (360-981-0117 text OK) for confirmation of ride time and location.
Sometimes we shift the ride night to fit weather forecast (example: Monday and Wednesday), but we aren't afraid to ride in the rain.
Recommended Special Equipment:
- Ideal lighting is a helmet light and a handlebar light, each with 600 lumens with a backup (low power) LED flashlight in the pack/pocket.
- Rain gear and extra layer or two.
- Insulated shoe covers (they won’t keep your feet dry, but they will keep them warm)
- Hybrid tires with knobbies are minimum. However larger (mtn bike) is preferred
- LOW gears are important because the hills are steep and our knees are valuable resources. Recommend maximum granny low gear of 15 gear inches or less, depending on rider.
- Consider glasses for eye protection
Trail head locations:
Map to Leber Lane trail head here.
Map to Rock Quarry Road trail head here. Go to the blue County/DNR gate about 500 feet down Quarry Road from Holly Road.
Leber Lane or Rock Quarry Road - varies per ride coordinator
is not Required